Amkor Technology, Inc. (“Amkor”) is committed to sound environmental practices in conducting our business. We recognize that protecting and maintaining the quality of the environment is an integral part of the company's operations and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure that materials, products, and wastes are handled and disposed of properly. As part of our commitment to operate in an environmentally sound manner, we will:
- Comply with legal requirements established to protect the environment.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation concerning activities that relate to environmental matters.
- Seek to participate with government, industry, and professional institutions in the development of reasonable environmental standards.
- Promote environmental protection among all employees and provide appropriate training to those responsible for implementing environmental control measures.
Furthermore, Amkor is committed to continual improvement in its environmental performance through energy conservation and recycling. We have established local factory and worldwide environmental goals and have made progress in achieving these goals. Some of the more significant environmental goals established are:
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 20% by 2020 based on the average of annual GHG emissions from 2008 to 2010. By 2013, we made progress in achieving this goal by reducing GHG emissions by 13%.
- Reduce the level of wastewater 15% by 2015 from the 2010 level. By 2013, we exceeded this goal by reducing wastewater by 23%. We will continue our efforts to reduce wastewater in 2014 and 2015.
- Reduce waste 5% by 2015 based on the average annual waste from 2008 to 2010. By 2013, progress in achieving this goal was a challenge as our waste increased by 1%. We continue to work towards meeting our 2015 goal.