Amkor Technology, Inc. (“Amkor”) is committed to sound environmental practices in conducting our business. We recognize that protecting and maintaining the quality of the environment is an integral part of the company's operations and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure that materials, products, and wastes are handled and disposed of properly. As part of our commitment to operate in an environmentally sound manner, we will:
- Comply with legal requirements established to protect the environment.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation concerning activities that relate to
- Seek to participate with government, industry, and professional institutions in the
development of reasonable environmental standards.
- Promote environmental protection among all employees and provide appropriate
training to those responsible for implementing environmental control measures.
Furthermore, Amkor is committed to continual improvement in its environmental performance through energy conservation and recycling. We have established local factory and worldwide environmental goals and have made progress in achieving these goals. Some of the more significant environmental goals established are:
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 20% by 2020 based on the average of annual GHG emissions from 2008 to 2010. By 2015, we made progress in achieving this goal by reducing GHG emissions by 18%.
- Reduce the level of wastewater 15% by 2015 from the 2010 level. We exceeded this goal by reducing wastewater at the end of 2015 by 36%. We have set a new goal of reducing wastewater 10% by 2020 from the 2015 level.
- Reduce waste 5% by 2020 based on the average annual waste from 2011 to 2013. By 2015, we exceeded this goal by reducing waste by 21%. We will continue our efforts to reduce waste in 2016.