Staff Engineer, Mechanical
Amkor Technology is currently seeking a Staff Engineer, Mechanical to join our Chandler, AZ location. Primary role of this position is the mechanical simulation of FCBGA/fcCSP packages for stress, warpage and life prediction.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform finite element stress analysis and warpage simulations for IC packages for internal and external customers
- Develop finite element simulation and life prediction methodologies for advanced IC packages and die to package interconnects
- Coordinate with material and mechanical testing groups for material property characterization and model correlation
- Communication with internal and external customers
This position requires at least a MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, a Ph.D. is a plus. Relevant industry or research experience is required.
- Proficiency with ANSYS finite element software and its APDL language
- Strong understanding of elastic-plastic and viscoplastic behavior of materials
- Knowledge/experience in material testing techniques such as tensile testing, DMA, and TMA
- Knowledge of IC packaging technologies
- Knowledge of reliability testing methods for electronic components
- Working knowledge of CAD software, e.g., AutoCAD, SolidWorks
Amkor Technology offers a number of options for receiving your resume: